The XPS 13 delivers ‘Everything & More’ in Compact Design: 13-inch Edge-to-Edge Display in Near 11-inch Form Factor and offers superb craftsmanship and uncompromising Performance in a Sleek, Lightweight System.
It also features Lightning-fast Boot Time and Resume Enable Seamless, Always-on Connectivity and comes with ProSupport and Configuration Services for Business-friendly Deployments
SINGAPORE, 8 March, 2012 – Dell’s highly anticipated, award-winning XPS 13 laptop – widely acclaimed for its superb craftsmanship, thoughtful design and durability – is now available in Singapore. Dell has seen ‘strong demand’ for the system ever since it was first announced at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, and early buzz about the unit – which features uncompromising performance, extended battery life and Intel Rapid Start and Smart Connect Technology[i] – has been overwhelmingly positive.
“We’re seeing strong consumer and business demand for the new XPS 13 – a system that is unlike anything else on the market today,” said Varinderjit Singh, Managing Director, Dell Singapore and Malaysia. “The XPS 13 demands attention, crossing the realm between work and play, packing powerful technology into a small, portable package and delivering enterprise-friendly protection and security. It’s the ultimate mobile device.”
Underscoring its business-ready features, Deepak Wagh, General Manager, Consumer and Small Business, Dell Singapore said, “The uncompromising XPS 13 offers professionals the power to connect, collaborate and innovate with unique features and services – like Dell ProSupport, Trusted Platform Module and Configuration Services – that satisfy the needs of enterprise IT departments.”
Weighing less than 3 pounds[ii], the XPS 13 Ultrabook cleverly fits leading-edge craftsmanship, high performance computing, and thoughtful design into what is one of the most compact 13-inch products in its class. With its stunning razor-thin bezel, the XPS 13 maintains a footprint similar to an 11-inch product and features bonded Corning® Gorilla® Glass for exceptional durability; a unique, cool-to-the-touch carbon fiber base; and full-size, backlit keyboard for utmost productivity.
The XPS 13 is one of the first systems with Intel® Smart Connect Technology, which keeps content consistently updated. A solid state drive and Intel® Rapid Start Technology allow the XPS 13 to boot in seconds providing almost instant access, saving time and battery life. The XPS 13 comes standard with our Premier Service Package which includes In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis[iii] and one year of priority user support[iv] and one year of Complete Cover warranty.
Additional business-friendly features for the XPS 13 include:
- Dell ProSupport™[vi] is available for Dell business customers and provides end users and IT professionals with various remote and on-site technical support for complex hardware and software needs that include access to ProSupport specialists.
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) offers user and machine security with BitLocker Data Encryption for network-based client computing.
- Configuration Services include customizing BIOS settings, loading an image, and applying asset tags prior to shipping, streamlining the process of deploying XPS 13 systems to employees wherever they may be located while ensuring consistency throughout the IT environment.
The XPS 13 will be launched at the IT Show today with a starting price of $1499 with an Intel Core i5 processor, 128GB SSD hard drive[viii] and 4GB memory[ix] . Customers can purchase it at booths 8230, 8251, 3001 and 8139. It will also be available through www.dell.com.sg and at authorized resellers from March 13 onwards.
- Ultrathin laptop (0.24-0.71-inch/6-18mm) and light starting at 2.99lbs[ii]
- 13.3-inch HD WLED, 300-nit (1366×768) 720p; edge-to-edge hardened Gorilla® Glass
- Precision crafted machined aluminum with a carbon fiber base
- 128 GB SSD or 256 GB SSD drive options[viii] with Intel Rapid Start Technology
- Intel Core i5 2467M and i7 2637M processor choices
- Intel HD 3000 video graphics
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333Mhz memory[ix]
- Full size, backlit chiclet keyboard
- Glass integrated button touchpad with multi-gesture support
- 47WHr 6-cell battery offering up to eight hours, 53 minutes of battery lifev; 45W AC adaptor
- Dell ProSupport[vi] for business customers, Dell Configuration Services and Windows Trusted Platform Module options for commercial models
- Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
- USB 3.0 (1) + USB 2.0 with PowerShare (1), mini DisplayPort, and headset jack (1)
- Built-in 1.3MP webcam (H.264 enabled via Skype) with dual array digital microphones
- High definition audio with Waves MaxxAudio 4
- Microsoft Genuine Windows 7 Professional
[i] Intel Smart Connect Technology: Wi-Fi enabled connection required. System must be on or in sleep mode with application running to update.
[ii] Weights vary depending on configuration and manufacturing variability.
[iii] In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis enables you to have a technician and/or part dispatched to your home following remote diagnosis for issues covered by the Limited Hardware Warranty. Premium Phone support provides access to advanced technicians for hardware and software support.
[iv] Priority User Support includes 24×7 phone support and regional support within APJ.
[vi] Availability and terms of Dell Services vary by region. For more information, visit www.dell.com/servicedescriptions.
[viii] Hard Drive: GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; actual capacity varies with preloaded material and operating environment and will be less.
[ix] Graphics & System Memory: GB means 1 billion bytes and TB equals 1 trillion bytes; significant system memory may be used to support graphics, depending on system memory size and other factors.
Visit www.dell.com.sg for more information.
Get the latest IT SHOW 2012 flyers, pricelists and other info at http://itfairsg.com/itshow2012/